The best credit card perks are those that offer you the most convenience or save you money and those that offer you the most often require some of the highest qualification.
Credit cards have offered auxiliary benefits for a very long time. You have probably enjoyed one or two if you carry a credit card, but the best benefits may elude most consumers as they are reserved for elite, platinum, or signature cards – credit cards for people with excellent credit or very high spending limits.
1. Price Assurance is one of the easiest ways to use your credit card to save money. This benefit is very simple: You can receive a rebate on just about anything you buy if it is advertised at a lower price within 90 days of purchase. In many cases you would usually ask the vendor or merchant for the adjustment but this benefit, basically, guarantees that you will receive something without very much effort on your part.
2. Concierge Services are also quite often offered to premium credit card holders, like American Express Platinum, Discover More Card, Visa Signature, and the World Elite MasterCard. These services provide exclusive access to consulting and concierge teams who can recommend a hotel or restaurant, special events and shows, or help with just about anything else. If you are working on a surprise party, a last minute trip, or planning a honeymoon, concierge services help to make them a reality.
3. Shipboard Cruise Credits are sometimes available to premium credit card customers also. Cards that offer these benefits are usually branded by the luxury cruise line (like Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Disney, and Carnival) that has partnered with a bank or other financial institution in order to offer exclusive benefits, special financing, and other bonuses to their customers. Some cards also offer bonus reward earnings when used towards cruise or other travel purchases.
4. Repaid Baggage Fees are offered by some premium credit cards which, as the name easily describes, that helps cushion the cost of travel by reimbursing you the cost of checked baggage fees. Basically, when you use this particular card to book your flights and pay for your checked bags, you’ll see a credit on your bill. American Express offers as much as $100 every year to cover this expense while the U.S. Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards Visa card pays for the first $25 charged in bag fees for every single flight.
5. Exclusive Access to special events, concerts, films, and other engagements are also available to high level credit card customers. All four major brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card) offer some kind of in-house specialty for this kind of thing. These events range from VIP access to Hollywood release parties, special events at the Summer Olympic Games in London, or a food and wine experience in Sonoma County, CA. Sports fans might appreciate, also, access to things like athlete encounters with college football or hockey players as well as access to special events at a local stadium or even specialty seating at the next game.
6. Finally, and you probably don’t know this, some premium cards can also offer Replacement Cell Phones. The NPD Group gathers that at least half of all mobile phones are considered “smartphones” and these devices are quite delicate. Thankfully, though, Visa Signature, World Elite MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card all offer some kind of warranty extension or replacement protection on these devices, usually covering your iOS or Android device up to $1,000. What is particularly great about this is that most electronics manufacturers would prefer to replace a unit than repair one so this coverage could get you a new phone should you damage yours.