Anyone under the age of 13 should not send any personal information on the Site. This includes name, address, e-mail address or telephone number. If any collected personal data is obtained from a child, we will delete the data to comply with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act requirements and all applicable laws. If you believe we have received data from or about any person under the age of 13, contact us at .
To register on or use particular areas of the Site, you must be 13 years of age or older. The site was not created for use for children under age 13. No one under 13 may provide personal data to or on the Site. We do not collect personal data knowingly from any individual under the age of 13.
Information We Collect About You
We will collect various kinds of data from and about the users of the Site. This includes the information described below.
Personally Identifiable Information
- Filling out fields or forms on the Site;
- Communicating with us or requesting information about us, the Site and services, via email or other means;
- Participating in online surveys;
- Participating in any marketing initiatives, including contests, promotions or events;
- Participating in forums or providing user generated submissions or content.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We can collect non-personally identifiable information about you through various technical methods, including:
- Collection of Usage Details & IP Address. We may collect details of your Site visits, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, the resources that you access, logs, and data about your pc and internet connection, including IP address, browser type and operating system. This information may be used for system administration and to report aggregate data to advertisers and business partners.
- Collection with Cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of data sent from a website to your computer while you view a website. We may set and access cookies on your pc to track and store preferential information. You consent to placement of cookies on your computer. Note that many Internet browsers allow you to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer and to remove cookies stored on your computer. Choosing to do so may restrict your use of some portions of this Site.
- Collection with Web beacons. “Web beacons” are electronic images, scripts or tags which permit a website to access cookies and track general patterns of usage of visitors to a website. Web beacons will recognize specific kinds of data, including cookies, page view time and date, and details of the page where Web beacon is located. We can use Web beacons to compile data regarding Site use.
Collected information through these technical methods cannot determine identity as stand-alone data. When combined with personally identifiable information, however, it can reveal your identity. Should this happen, we will regard all the combined information as personally identifiable information.
How Your Information is Used
We use your data, including personally identifiable information for such things as:
- Confirming and completing transactions requested by you;
- Providing customer support (including, responding to requests), troubleshooting and resolving problems and disputes;
- Understanding and anticipating needs and preferences;
- Contacting you to verify information you provided to us;
- Ensuring this Site is interesting (including customization of content and advertising) and helping us better understand your use of Site;
- Conducting internal reviews of Site and administering Site’s systems;
- Protecting the security and integrity of Site;
- Managing our business and operations;
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- Developing, enhancing and marketing products and services of ours or of 3rd parties;
- Providing you with promotional materials, offers and personalized data;
- Using User Generated Content as permitted in User Agreement;
- Providing administrative communications to you;
- For other purposes as disclosed when you submit personally identifiable information.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information may be disclosed:
- To any person who, at our discretion, is authorized to accept personally identifiable information as your agent (for example, your attorney);
- To third party vendors for being able to provide support to internal and business operations, including the handling of data processing, surveys, data storage, research, internal marketing, delivery of transaction and promotion materials, and Site’s maintenance and security;
- As required by law or ordered by a court, administrative or regulatory agency;
- If requested by authorities of local, regional or national emergency in the event of any act of terrorism or instance;
- As deemed necessary, in our sole discretion, if we question you violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or otherwise interfering with another user’s property or rights, including, without limitation, our property or rights;
- To enforce and protect our rights;
- In affiliation with a Business Transfer, as defined below (see Business Transfers below);
- To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management of/with us).
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We are permitted to use personally identifiable information and make it non-personal by aggregating information with the information of others or through removing characteristics (like name or address) that makes it personally identifiable. By de-personalizing your data, this data can be shared with third parties in any manner without notifying or compensating you in any way.
In connection with a Business Transfer, we reserve the right to disclose, sell, assign, lease or transfer personally identifiable information collected from Site and its databases to third parties. A “Business Transfer” is referred to as a sale, consolidation, acquisition, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy or other corporate change involving us and/or affiliates.
Requests for Quotes and Services from Requested Service Providers
You may be allowed to request services, information or quotes from third parties in some areas of the Site. These are to be listed as “Requested Service Providers”. Any personally identifiable information submitted on the Site to request services, information or quotes from any Requested Service Providers may be shared, loaned, sold or rented to affiliates, third parties or to those Requested Service Providers that we have matched against your request.
Further, the Requested Service Providers may be further able to disclose, share and otherwise use personally identifiable information in pursuant to your Request (clicking “submit”, “get quotes”, etc. are defined as “Request”). Should you not want to share your personally identifiable information, you are advised not to submit a Request.
SUBMITTING A REQUEST MEANS THAT REQUESTED SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE ALLOWED TO CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY VIA TELEPHONE, EMAIL AND FAX WITH QUOTES. TELEMARKETING CALLS MAY BE RECEIVED AS A RESULT OF SUBMITTING A REQUEST ON THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE ON THE NATIONAL ‘DO NOT CALL’ LIST, YOU MAY STILL RECEIVE THE CALLS.
You consent to allowing Requested Service Providers to conduct necessary research to provide you with quotes if you are matched with Providers per your Request. Requested Service Providers may share personally identifiable information in order to conduct research. If a request is submitted for insurance quotes, consumer reports could be potentially ordered to go with the insurance application. The reports would be used for determining eligibility, used for updates, renewal and more. Further, insurance companies can use third parties to develop an “insurance score” on your behalf. Should you not want research conducted by Requested Service Providers, then you are advised not to submit a Request.
If you submit a request, information will be shared in conjunction with Request. You may not have an opt-out opportunity for disclosure of information in conjunction with said Request.
When you submit information to us within a sweepstakes entry, we hold the right to loan, rent, share or sell the data submitted with and to our third parties and other affiliates. Refer to the official rules and privacy policies of each sweepstakes for details of the information sharing policies pursuant to the particular sweepstakes entry you are involved in.
Circumvention of Security Measures
User Generated Content
Any content, including personal data, contributed for publication or to be displayed (“posted”) on Site, or transmitted to other users on Site (“User Generated Content”) is your responsibility. Your User Generated Content is submitted at your own risk. We are unable to control actions taken by other Site users with whom you make the choice to share your content with. Further, we are not to be held responsible for the circumvention of privacy settings or security measures on Site. Unauthorized persons may view your User Generated Content. We cannot be held responsible for this. Copies of your User Generated Content could be viewable in archived or cached pages even after removal. They may have also been stored or copied by Site users. Our User Agreement govern the proper access and use of data provided on our Site.
We may occasionally participate in or use advertising networks including ad agencies, technology vendors, research firms and 3rd party advertising servicers. These will be used for marketing, promotions and advertising as well as to provide you with advertisements. The ad networks will often gather consumer data who view advertisements to associate interests and preferences of a consumer, allowing them to deliver targeted advertisements. This practice is referred to as “online behavioral advertising”. The data collected from these third-party ad networks can include IP address, date and time of website access, type of browser used and much more. Should you wish to prevent the collection of information, view our “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” section below.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We aim to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you send to us. Below are a few mechanisms that provide you with some control over specific data:
- Cookies. If you do not want us collecting cookies, set your browser to deny cookies, or create an alert when cookies are sent. If you do so, note some parts of Site may be inaccessible or may not work properly.
- Email Offers from Us. You can opt-out of receiving email messages from us (other than emails related to registration, completion, correction of user data, change of password and other communications essential to transactions on Site) by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email if you do not want to receive newsletters or email offers from us.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. If Site allows you to create an account s, then you are able to review and update personal information by logging into Site, visiting account profile page and submitting changes.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. Some third-party advertising networks may deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can deny NAI member companies from collecting preference information about you by clicking and following the NAI’s directions. If you opt out through the NAI, you may still receive advertising. Further, if you opt out of the NAI and later delete your cookies, buy a new computer, or use a different browser, you will need to renew choices for opt-out.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
Your information will be retained for the length of time your account is active or as long as necessary to provide you with necessary services. You may contact us at to request your account be cancelled or to request we no longer use your data to provide services. We will only retain and use personal data as long as necessary to comply with any legal obligations, enforce agreements and resolve disputes.
Operation of this Site in the United States
The Site you are on is operated inside of the U.S.A. If you are located in the EU, Canada or anywhere else outside of the U.S.A, your data provided will be transferred to the U.S.A. You consent to this transfer of data by using the Site.
Links to Third-Party Websites
This Site and e-mail message sent regarding the Site may contain third party links beyond our control. If you click on a link to apply for a credit card or other product, you may be linked to a 3rd party for application completion. Third party links are not endorsed by us in any way, including their websites, products, services or practices. We will not be held responsible for terms and conditions, privacy policies, or other content of third parties and their websites. Third parties may send their own cookies and collect their own data. Should you visit a website linked from us, view their terms and conditions and privacy policies separately to learn how personally identifiable information is handled. Questions or concerns regarding a third party needs to be sent to the third party directly as we are not affiliated with them.
Should you have questions and/or concerns regarding the privacy practices, or you desire to request information about your personally identifiable information, you may reach us at either of the following:
Special Notification for California Residents
Residents of California who have provided personally identifiable information to us can obtain information regarding disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to 3rd parties used for direct marketing purposes. Any and all requests must be sent to us at:
Requests for privacy rights of California must include the following reference: “REQUEST FOR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY INFORMATION” on the subject line as well as in the message body. Further, to send our response, e-mail address or mailing address must be included in order for us to send a response. The request can be made no more than one time in a calendar year. Additionally, we reserve the right to not respond to submitted requests that go to an address other than the one included in this paragraph.